November 07, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies!

I love the holidays! I truly, truly do. :) While I am in a constant state of frenzy due to school, impending graduation and possible unemployment, I only need to remind myself that Thanksgiving is a mere two and a half weeks away. *Sigh* I can breathe easy once again.


There's something about the holidays that makes me want to cook, even though I am no good! Honestly though, I am really looking forward to this year's office Thanksgiving so I can make my mom's awesome potatoes and these wonderful cookies I tried out last night.


In the mornings when I'm getting ready, I listen to this hilarious radio show that's syndicated out of Austin. The Bobby Bones Show is so funny; check them out on 102.5 FM in Lubbock every morning! Their only female host, Amy, cracks me up. She's happily married and a natural goofball, which makes her seem a little out of place with the show's three professional bachelors, but I love her all the more for it.


On Friday, she talked about this two ingredient recipe, which is perfect for the holidays. I just had to try it. All you need is a box of spice cake mix, a can of pumpkin, a bowl, a cookie sheet and an oven! Here is Amy's video:





Last night, I gave them a shot, and here's how mine turned out:


So much better than my cake!


I chose to add cream cheese icing to my cookies, but really they taste good on their own too. Amy sprinkles powdered sugar on hers. It's up to you! Also, I got a little slap happy with the spoon when I placed them on the cookie sheet, so some are much larger than others. Whoops! :)


I will say two quick things: I had a little bit of trouble getting it all mixed together, so using a beater isn't a bad idea. And, it might be a good idea to go ahead and adjust the heat on your oven (to 375, like Amy does in the video) and bake for 15 minutes, or go ahead and leave them in just a little bit longer. I did 20 minutes at 350 degrees and I think they were pretty close to perfect. Remember! They're cake cookies, so they're not going to harden up perfectly in the way a normal cookie would. They still retain their cake-like texture, but in cookie shape and size.


They're really quick and really easy, and they taste like holiday joy! Give them as gifts, throw them together for a holiday gathering, or keep them for yourself.


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment