September 16, 2010

Thank You, Pandora

So, I try to be respectful of all types of music, but sometimes a particular band/sound/song just drives me absolutely crazy and I get to where I can't stand it.


Case in point: Jimmy Eat World - The Middle



This was the first song I ever heard by Jimmy Eat World and I hated it. Now, I'm not even sure why, but I did.


Maybe it was their sound, or the video, I'm not sure.


Many years ago, I heard a song on a movie that I really liked. I didn't know what it was called and I didn't know who sang it. That movie was A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. A few years later, I became obsessed with One Tree Hill and sat down with my roommate to watch every single episode in order in just a few short weeks. In season two, during the Tric hey-day, a band performs and they sing a glorious song. The same song from A Cinderella Story! I learn in this episode that the band is Jimmy Eat World. Coincidence that Chad Michael Murray is in both of these things? Probably. However, still interesting.


"I didn't know they sang this song," I said to my roommate. "Me either," she said back to me.


Why I never Googled this, I don't know. Maybe I was just lazy.


Anyway, since succumbing the electronic age and having three Pandora radio accounts (because I always use my 40 hours and last month I used 80), I've been introduced to many different kinds of music. Some of it I tolerate, some of it I don't, and some of it I genuinely enjoy. It is because of Pandora that I now know the name of this song! That song is Hear You Me and I love it. In addition to this song, Pandora plays a plethora of other Jimmy Eat World songs and I haven't heard one that I don't like yet. I can even stand The Middle.


This video is dumb, but I'm a Brooke and Lucas fan, so I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment