August 18, 2010

Vintage!

I hate MySpace. Honestly, I'm not sure why I haven't deleted my account yet; I don't even use it. So, in an effort to slowly rid myself of this MySpace madness, I'm going to move over the few blogs that I posted there.



For the next few weeks, Wednesday will be "Vintage Blog Day." Two or three years old can hardly be called vintage, but I like the word, so get over it.


The following blog, Taking Out The Trash, was originally posted on May 31, 2009. Obviously, I was upset about something when I wrote this. I have a pretty good idea what it might've been, but I can't pinpoint it. Also, this blog has been edited and may be slightly different than its original format.




Taking Out the Trash
May 31, 2009
Current Mood: Pissed Off
Category: Life


Ok, so... You've got this tuna sandwhich, right?




Well, it's the best tuna sandwhich you've ever had. It's got apple chunks and pickle relish and all the good stuff. But sometimes, you just get tired of tuna don't you? You want turkey or you want chicken. Or maybe even a steak.


So what do you do?


You throw that tuna sandwhich away.


But just because you threw it away, doesn't mean it isn't there. Eventually, that tuna sandwhich is going to make your trash can stink. And your kitchen. Your entire house.


So what do you do?


You take out the trash.


But sometimes, just sometimes, you can still smell the tuna sandwhich. You know it isn't there; you've checked multiple times. Now there's just new trash trying to masquerade as a tuna sandwhich. So, the memories of your time with the tuna sandwich certainly lingers.


So what do you do?


You take the trash out again. And then you scrub that trash can.


Who wants their whole kitchen to smell like tuna all the time? I mean, tuna's great and all, but what about the medium rare sirloins of the world? Certainly you can find one of those. there are two steakhouses in my hometown that's no bigger than the end of my pinky. Go eat a steak!


Anyway, you're scrubbing away at that trash can because you just want that tuna smell gone. It gets in the way of everything, doesn't it? Scrub. Scrub. Scrub. Almost there. Eventually, there's nothing but the lemony fresh scent of Pine-Sol, or the household cleaner of choice. It certainly feels like a breath of fresh air after you were suffocated by the tuna for so long.


But every now and then, you'll start to get lazy. Steak is expensive and chicken has to be prepared just right. Grilled cheese sandwiches are the cat's pajamas, but it's easy to burn in a skillet and you don't like the way the grease pops. To have a tuna sandwhich, all you have to do is boil a couple of eggs, slice up an apple, pull out the mayonnaise and relish, and know how to use a can opener. It's not really that hard. It's not really that easy either, but there's always an excuse to have tuna. You like tuna. It's your favorite kind of sandwhich, other than peanut butter and jelly.


Tuna sandwhiches and the smell they bring with them don't ever really go away. Do they?


Next Wednesday: Mmm...mmm... Feel the vibration?!

No comments:

Post a Comment