August 13, 2010

My Baby Chi

I survived not straightening my hair yesterday, but threw a tantrum a la toddler after work when I came to the conclusion that I absolutely had to have a new flat iron in my possession by the end of the day.

Maybe I was a little rash.


But after looking around a little (Target, Ulta, Sally's) and seeing that Chi's were on sale at Ulta, I decided that I might as well get one of those since the knock offs are about the same price. So I came home with this:

My new baby Chi
This mini Chi is very similar to the one I already had. The plates aren't as long, but they're wider, so they cover about the same amount of hair. This was on sale for $59.95 while the generic brand at Sally's was $69.99. So maybe I saved a buck.


As far as the job it did...


I think it's just new and needs to be used. I'm not sure it heats up quite as fast as my other one, but I'm also not accustomed to this one yet. I mean, I had a relationship with my old Chi. The body of the iron itself is quite a bit smaller than my old Chi, so I'm having to teach myself to hold it differently.


The finished product
All in all, I would say it did a pretty good job. The ends could've been smoother, but around the roots, it was fine. As my new flat iron gets used to being used and I get used to using it, I'm sure we'll develop a lovely give and take relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment