August 12, 2010

Adventures in Penny Pinching

I am broke! I'm in college, so I'm just about as broke as I can be. I'm always looking for ways to scrape up a few extra dollars so I can go out. To the movies, to dinner, shopping, whatever.


I recently moved into a new apartment and while packing and unpacking, I uncovered a few things I wasn't even aware I had and was struck with an idea to help save a few bucks.

My recently discovered collection of travel size body washes


I found all these travel size body washes! I realized I didn't buy a single one of these -- they were all given to me as gifts in a little set with lotion and body spray or something like that. People keep giving them to me before I can finish what I've got, so I have a little stash backed up.


I scrounged up one 2 oz. bottle of Bath & Body Works Freshwater Cucumber, one 2 oz. bottle of Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar, one 2 oz. bottle of Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea, one 3 oz. bottle of Bath & Body Works Moonlight Path, one 3 oz. bottle of Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon, one 2.5 oz. bottle of Ralph Lauren Rocks, and one 3.4 oz. bottle of Ralph Lauren Hot.


The final count is 17.9 oz of unused, unpurchased shower gel, just sitting in my bathroom drawer taking up space. So, I decided that instead of going out and buying more body wash the next time I run out, I'm going to use the travel size bottles I already have. I mean, it's not like I travel that much anyway, and if I do, I'm just going home. And then I use my mommy's. Love you, Mommy. :)


My shower caddy


This is what I'm using right now, plain-jane Dial 18 oz. Cranberry and Anti-oxidant Pearls. I really don't give a crap that it has "anti-oxidant pearls," I just liked the way it smelled! This was $2.97 at Wal-Mart and a 10 oz. bottle of most Bath & Body Works shower gels is $10.50. Um... I guess you pay for the name. But either way, I'm saving money. I have almost an entire 18 oz. of fairly high dollar body wash. I'm saving almost $20.00. Yay for being cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment