January 19, 2011

Lately...

First blog post of 2011! And January is almost over. Wow, how's that for ya??

A whole lot has happened in the last 19 days, so here's a (semi) quick rundown of everything going on. Let's move backwards.

Jada, Jake and Me
over the Christmas holiday
 
Me and the K-Dawg on my birthday!

Right Now: I'm watching Sixteen Candles in my bed and drinking a glass of wine. The current scene is the one when Farmer Ted follows Andie into the auto shop and tries to serenade her with Beatles songs. Unfortunately, I think I too have been groped in a car while the Beatles played in the background. Sad, sad day.

Where's MY Jake Ryan?
Jock: Jake, come on. She's obviously too young to party seriously.
Jake Ryan: Maybe I'M interested in more than just a party.

Jake Ryan: (Later) I want a serious girlfriend. Someone to love that'll love me back.


Today: I worked an 11-hour day with a 20 minute lunch stuck somewhere in the middle. Yeah, that's a long day. Luckily, I'm paid hourly for now I get overtime YAY! :) Last pay period, I had 1.53 hours of overtime. That's not a lot, but compared to what I've been making for the last three and a half years, I'm "rolling in the dough" as my brother, Jared would say. For the first three months, I'll be on a "probationary" period, as my performance is evaluated. We have a deadline we MUST meet on Friday and I have my own deadlines I have to meet, or I might not get past that three month mark! We have a "Brown Bad Lunch & Learn" tomorrow, which just means everyone gets to socialize and be nosey by asking "Sooo... What do you do?" Fun. But, it forced me to go buy a loaf of bread to make a sandwich with, because it would just be awkward if I brought real food.

As of today, Nanny has also completed one and half weeks of radiation. She has four and a half more and then she'll have chemotheraphy. I stayed with her in the rehab hospital a few nights, and while she can't, I can tell a HUGE difference since the surgery. Her speech, her physical strength, everything. She's made so much progress in the last month; it warms my heart just thinking about it.

Yesterday: I went to a Bible study. We're reading Captivating, by John and Stasi Eldredge. It's one of my New Year's Resolutions to cultivate my relationship with God and I thought this would be a good place to start. I'm loving the book so far and I really like the ladies I'm doing the study with. It's a great book! I would totally recommend it. I joined through Trinity and I also joined a social group, Body Sculpting, which meets on Thursdays. I'm excited about that as well as going to church Sunday morning! :)

Last Weekend: I went out with some friends from work for a coworker's 21st. A little wild, yeah. But fun; very fun. Adrian was down this weekend, too, so I got to spend some time with him. It was fun! I embarrassed my self in front of two different boys. Always a good time.

Last Week: I greatly enjoyed both of my Trinity groups and got to do a lot of fun stuff at work. Currently, we're putting together a series on floral design and I got to be in the video! I was a bridesmaid in a fake wedding. It was so much fun. Just another day at CEV Multimedia, my friends! One of my other New Year's Resolutions (working out every day) isn't going so hot. Although, I have been eating less. But I think that's just because I've been too busy to eat.

The Weekend Before: I went out with some friends from work for the first time. I embarrassed myself in front of another boy. Awesome. We had planned to film our "wedding" Saturday night, but unfortunately, that didn't work out. So we just made a party of it. I'm still the new girl, but I think everyone's starting to warm up to me.

Update: The part of Sixteen Candles just passed when Andie walks out of the church and Jake is there waiting for her. He motions to her to come, she mouths "Me?," and he says "Yeah, you." Favorite part of the movie. Hands down. And now for another Beatles themed-ish movie. Can't Buy Me Love. Love Patrick Dempsey, now and forever. BTW, Paula Abdul choreographed that movie. Just saying.

Two Weeks Ago: My first week of work! It was painfully stressful. I couldn't sleep the night before my first day so I woke up at 5:15 and worked out, so I was exhausted for the rest of the week. Sigh. Being a big kid is hard.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Wonderful pics!
    Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete