December 20, 2010

Put Your Big Girl Panties On & Deal With It!

I'm at work right now and I'm a little on the bored side, so I'm going to blog so it looks like I'm doing something. :) Note: I can only do this for three more days (waste time at work, that is)!

First item of business: My grandmother.

My beautiful grandmother moved to Trustpoint (a rehab hospital) on Friday. After a considerably rough weekend, today will be her first day of therapy and I'm so excited she's going to start doing more! She'll be there for about two weeks, and then hopefully she can go home. We have an appointment with her neurosurgeon on December 28, so we'll know more about our next move then. I'm eager to start chemo and start getting my Nanny back!

Next on the list... I got a job! And as luck would have it, it happens to be THE job mentioned HERE! This really came as quite a surprise to me -- I was sure they were just leaving me hanging. However, the position I'm taking is a brand new position, so I'm sure it took some time to get things in order for that. On January 3, 2011, I will be the new technical writer at CEV Multimedia. They reached out to me last week and offered me the job. We're meeting on December 29 to discuss the fine print, but from what I remember from the interview, it's really a good opportunity. So much for my plan, though! No big deal, I'll do this for a while and see if I like it. It's so easy to get a teaching certificate, I should still be able to do that if I want to. And of course, there's always grad school!

And last, but certainly not least, graduation was two days ago. :)

I have officially achieved alumni status from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism and a minor in English! Originally, I had debated over whether or not to walk, but ultimately, I'm glad I did. It was a pretty neat experience. And I didn't fall! SCORE!

Take a moment to gander at these pictures now and please excuse the fact that they were taken from cell phones. (My mom took all of the pictures and they've yet to appear on Facebook...and cameras weren't allowed inside the arena.)


Me and the dress I wore. I couldn't decide,
so I took pictures and then sent them to mom for help!

This is the practice court where we waited for
almost an hour before the ceremony started. Yay!

Amanda took this during the ceremony.
I'm over on the right side; good luck finding me!

President Bailey, Chancellor Hance, a regent or two and a Tech grad who's now a NASA employee spoke. Her name was Ginger Kerrick; she did a really good job.

Amanda said Jake snored through the entire thing. Kate and Kirstie said every time a girl with brown hair came on the screen, Jada said "JESSICA!" My sweet girl was decked out in red and black. She looked so cute. :)

After the ceremony, we ALL went to Red Lobster for a late lunch/early dinner. By all, I mean ALL: Me, Mom, William, Seth, Kell, Jared, Hunter, Sky and Amber. Kate, Kirstie and Amanda. Dad, Laurie, Jada and Jake. Mamaw and Papaw, Amy and Tracy. We had quite the crowd. :) I didn't eat much because I think I was too excited, but it was a lot of fun. I got a new Bible and a Texas Tech picture frame, among other things.

I can relax now! I'm working at FP&C through the 23rd and in the mean time, I need to get everything ready to go home and get the apartment in order for when I come back! *Sigh* Time to put on my big girl panties!

No comments:

Post a Comment