August 30, 2010

Only 110 Days to Go!

I graduate from Texas Tech on December 18, 2010, which is 110 days from today!

Typically, around this time of year, I'm stuck transitioning from busy to busier due to my over-achiever tendencies to take anywhere between three and eight hours worth of classes during the summer. However, this year, I took no summer classes. Lucky for me though, I'm still not having to transition too hard. I'm going from having no classes, to having two. I'll be in the classroom a total of five hours each, plus lab work and homework.


I think my creative writing teacher is a stoner, which causes him to lose his train of thought and drone on and on while restating his original point multiple times in one sentence. This has already -- in two days of class -- proven to be a problem. On Friday, he let us out at 10:55 and today at 10:52. The class is supposed to end at 10:50, while my next class begins at 11:00. I was late for my second class on Friday and almost late today. I have to walk about half a mile, give or take, from one building to another, which is hard enough to do in 10 minutes. Blah.


Oh well.


Aside from that, I'm really not sure yet how the work load is going to affect me. It doesn't seem to be too bad so far. Most of my work will come from my Multi-plat class. We have a new news cycle beginning about every nine days. Yaaay. In creative writing, we're required to write three 10-page stories and that's basically it.


I'm also freelancing this semester for National Oil & Lube News, the magazine that I interned with last Spring. Also, as far as I know, I'm still acting as a contributing copy editor for NRRTS Directions, a complex rehab community newsletter. My aunt is the editor, so that's how I was able to land that gig.


Who knows what the future holds for me! Right now I just want to make it to December in one piece and I'm unable to see too far past that. Could that be because I'm stuck in a college mind set and I only think in terms of semesters, with a new year beginning every August? Who knows. The only future plans I have right now include me attending teaching school in Austin for three weeks in January. Hey, Aunt Sheila, I know you're reading this. What would you say to a house guest?

No comments:

Post a Comment